Search This Blog

Monday, July 3, 2017

Thoughts on Pride Month

The standards that I had to measure up to as a young boy were set by the family religion, the expectation that I would follow my father’s example, and society.  I knew who I was, but also knew being myself would make me a disappointment.  I had an undeniable identity, but knew I would be humiliated if anyone found out about it.


Rebecca grew up in a Mormon family.  From a very young age she felt she should have been a girl.  Life was even more complicated when, in her senior year, she had feelings for a boy in her school.  Imagine the struggles and conflict inside of her.  In this post, Rebecca shares her story and how it relates to her Thoughts on Pride Month.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The People - Personal Thoughts

Cobweb Corner - Older Blogs, Not Recently Updated