Search This Blog

Saturday, July 8, 2017

Surgical liberation

Would I have felt more comfortable with my breasts if they had not been constantly associated with social gender labels like “ladies”, “she” and “ma’am”? Would I have felt my gender dysphoria more keenly had I not suffered from such extreme dissociation for much of my life that it’s hard for me to connect to my body at all? It’s impossible to say, because what we go through makes us who we are. But I had a lot to untangle to get here.


I've always felt that I need to better understand the dysphoria suffered by transmen.  Surgical liberation, by Sam, is a good start.  Sam recently had top surgery and describes what brought him to this point and just how liberating it feels.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The People - Personal Thoughts

Cobweb Corner - Older Blogs, Not Recently Updated